Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Woes of Pregnancy (Do not read if you don't wanna know!)

Lets just be honest, the CRAP you go through while being pregnant is NOT fun.
Things I've experienced (if you have not experienced these and have been pregnant...I do not want to hear about your amazing pregnancy.....thanks...... ha ha)


  • Constipation
  • Peeing every time you cough, laugh, sneeze, MOVE
  • Insomnia
  • Sleeping TOO much
  • Sore Back
  • Sore limbs
  • Limbs falling asleep with NO relief
  • Round Ligament pain
  • Rectal Bleeding due to Constipation and hard stool
  • NO sex drive
  • Vomiting
  • Nausea
  • Unable to take medicine while being sick (this sucks so so bad)
  • Uncomfortable Sleeping
  • Weight Loss due to lack of appetite and vomiting
  • NO sex drive
  • The emotions you go through are phenomenal and they pass as quickly as they come, but seriously it's like an evil trick.
  • Not feeling good about myself...I didn't look "pregnant"  (just fat! it was super!) so it was hard for a while!
  • Thinking about Labor......really, all you people who think it's a spiritual experience or whatever.....I think you're slightly crazy, but to each their own. I've just never known pain to be euphoric.....thanks masochist.


So, you want to get pregnant huh? Ha, well....here are a few things to look forward to!

  •  Ultrasounds/Sonos.....it is SO cool to see what's inside your belly!
  •  The baby moving in your belly, reminds you why you throw up everyday :)
  •  Motivation to be a better person...seriously.
  • NO PERIOD FOR 10 MONTHS....yes you are prego for 10....dont' let them fool you.....you just know for 9 months!
  • Buying cute new maternity clothes 
  • Not being ashamed of having a "belly"
  • Picking out names......FUN! ours was easy.....we agreed quickly!
  • Guessing the sex until when/if you find out!
  • Finding out the sex!
  • Registering for people to buy you tons of cute baby stuff! Yay!
  • Picking out all the cute stuff!
  • Having your family be excited! This is the first Great Grandchild on my moms side, first grandchild for my mom, etc....so you can imagine the excitement
  • Having an excuse to look like crap...ha ha! I love saying "I really don't care about how I look!" if you know me well, you know that this was NOT true before!
  •  People waiting on you hand and foot because they don't think you should be doing things.....shhh, don't tell them you can either......just keep it going LOL
  • Only gaining ONE POUND (you could say I've gained NONE cause I've been so constipated, but we'll go with one pound for now) all you skinny girls......eat your heart out. Being curvy has its advantages...my baby had what it needed. (being sick contributed to this, but I still won't gain anything but just baby weight now!)
  • Having the sweet new baby...... :)
So as you can see, pregnancy is a balancing act! Seriously, its rough. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying...liars. I've heard every pregnancy is super different though, so we'll see. But for now, I will tell you it has been rough

At 21 weeks (which I am today) this has been an interesting experience so far. I'm betting this baby comes out at 38 weeks. And if SHE is anything like me......I know some people around me will NOT be prepared for it either.....I was not a docile child. I was climbing on things at 6 months, I do not feel as if this baby is going to wait to come and meet us! And for as much as she likes to move...well I have a feeling she will be a lot like me! Bring it on Lily, Mommy is ready for the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I love that you are so REAL...there are definitely tough roads ahead (and behind) but the road ahead has a pot of gold at the end---there is NO feeling in the world like holding your new baby girl (or boy)...and when I was pregnant the second time my fear was that I would not feel that with the second child---It is just as amazing the second time around! AND...more GOOD news--if you breastfeed, you usually go even longer without a period---I have not had one since Feb 5th 2010...SO nice! Enjoy all the perks! Cannot wait to see pics of Lily!--Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% that its a great thing to be so real!! Just keep thinking of that little bundle of pink camo joy everytime you are straining on the toilet !! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete