Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm hungry....

Seriously, the past week has hit me like an atomic bomb. I"M HUNGRY, for the first time during my pregnancy I'm freakin starving!
According to all the baby sites, your second trimester is when you need 500+ calories a day. 500 calories is apparently hunger pangs and waking up in the middle of the night to eat. It's not so bad, finally feeling hunger and not nausea is pretty nice!

Today, I bought my maternity winter coat...which was pretty awesome cause I got it on sale with an extra 25% off.....thank you OldNavy.com! I also bought something for Lily today....FIRST thing I've bought! I love it....cause she's a February baby, my little Valentine!!!

Isn't it cute?!!! I don't normally like things like this, but since she is coming in Feb....I thought it to be very appropriate!

Okay, now lets get down to the nitty gritty.....

I still occasionally throw up! I did tonight in fact, it was great ha ha! (chocolate cream pie doesn't taste good coming back up!) But I'm no longer taking Zofran like it's a religious practice....so that's awesome.

I'm starting to swell up, not so nice. Just at night though, and just my fingers and ankles/feet. Goes away during the day. Which is great.

This whole kegel exercise/bladder thing is a joke. I do it, doesn't help. I sneeze or cough and a little still comes out. I have just learned to wear a pad/pantyliner. I'm in the "Oh, well..." stage of that.

I have a lot more energy now, thank goodness! I'm almost 6 months......so I was hoping it would happen sometime, anytime. And it has

<3My favorite part of the day is when Jonathan says hello to Lily...it's very endearing!<3

I'm not sleeping with the pregnancy pillow right now..something about it just doesn't feel comfortable, but that will probably change again in a week.

I've learned to not think about buying a million bras as my size changes...I got a maternity/nursing sports bra when I was about 14 weeks and it "grows with you." Best 17.00 I've spent.

I've had a cold/stuffy nose for over 2 weeks now. It is terrible!! While you're pregnant, your immune system drops way low and inhibits the body from fighting off infections effectively. I've always gotten sick easily and now, it's not any better. I just can't seem to shake it.

My hormones are constantly changing. I got really emotional last Thursday and just cried. Don't ask me why, your guess is as good as mine. The next day I woke up with three zits. I normally have acne, but! the only wonderful thing about the early part of the pregnancy was gorgeous skin.....seems like this changed, now it's getting better again...roller coaster!

The more I hear about "parenting" or seeing young girls expose themselves emotionally, physically & mentally I realize how I want to guard my child from these things, but at the same time let her know that they are out there and not shelter her to the point where it harms her. This is a delicate balance and will have to be done carefully, but I do know it's possible.

I notice I'm much less tolerant of stupidity lately. If you know me well, you know the fuse is short already. Ha! You know, the important stuff, bad drivers, leaving stuff out, dirtiness (which is REALLY getting on my nerves cause with a baby on the way, I notice A LOT more!)

I need a lot more sleep lately. I feel like a child many days...more sleep, more to eat, and I occasionally tinkle a bit. HAHAHA I did really just laugh......

Last but not least, what keeps me going everyday is feeling her little hands and feet beat up my organs! :) When she kicks to the front, it's not so bad, but when she decides to go after the back...now, that's a feeling/urge you'll never forget! Wether it's using my bladder for a trampoline or kicking my intestines making me feel like I'm gonna go...it's not so bad. It reminds me that she's just getting bigger faster stronger :)

So this is week 23, second trimester is flying by and everyday is getting a little bit better/easier.....

No comments:

Post a Comment