Thursday, October 13, 2011

Registering for a new life...literally and then some.

FYI - I just waxed my mustache...hows that for hot?

Who said registering would be/is fun?

I do not know what I'm doing (mark this one on your calendar, I don't admit this sort of thing often.) I can definitely weed out what I won't need and what's EXCESSIVE!!!! But this is slightly stressful...

In our day and age there is something for EVERYTHING!! They have more things for the little people who can't talk, than for the ones that do. I honestly feel it is our fault. We, adults think way to into some things and babies, well they can't talk. Just in case you didn't know.

Here's my dilemma, I want people to get me what was MOST HELPFUL for them when they had a baby. Not a box of diapers and some dookie outfit (because, lets face it I'm flippin picky and I don't want betty boop or tweety on my 1 month old...sorry if you think that's cute. Hope you think mullets & spit up on tweetys' beak is cute too!)

There are some things I do want though...that I want to pick out, but besides that I'm all about necessity. Do I really need that wipe warmer? 

Seriously, a wipe warmer?...If you have time to do that, then forget you.

We've been graciously given a gently used crib and changing table/dresser, which is awesome. So that's knocked off the list. I'm also not one for themes (take a look at my registry and you'll easily see I just picked what I liked!) or characters or the overdoing of patterns....aka a theme. I'm also trying to make things nuetral and that's hard. I'm having a GIRL and I want pink stuff! But I understand my want is not equivelent to the need right now.

So, please....tell me what I need. (another problem is I like items from everywhere! not just the two stores I'm registered at whoopee!)


Lily and I are all ears.

3 comments:

  1. Blankets, onesies, burp clothes/bibs, diapers, wipes, car seat (obviously),

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember Weedle saying one time that wipe warmers dry out the wipes. I'd stay clear of those.

    ReplyDelete